Being an entrepreneur is hard work. And when you’re just starting out, it can be difficult to compete against bigger brands that have more resources available to them. But there are some things you can do to give yourself a competitive edge in the market and get your business up and running.
Here are 7 Online Marketing Tips for Small Businesses that will give you a huge advantage over your competitors:
Build a Strong Online Presence
One of the most effective ways to build a strong online presence is through social media. Create a Facebook page, Twitter account, and Instagram account for your business. Use these platforms to connect with potential customers and share your content.
Optimize Your Website
One of the most important things you can do to grow your business is to make your website easy to find online. In order to rank higher on search engines, you need to have a website that meets their guidelines. The content on your website should also be readable by people and free of errors.
If you aren’t sure how to optimize your website, there are many tools available that will let you know what changes need to be made in order for your site to rank higher on search engines. You can use these tools or hire a professional SEO consultant who will do the work for you!
Invest in Online Ads
The simplest way to get started with digital marketing is by investing in online ads. This will be your most affordable option if you have a limited marketing budget, and it’s also the fastest way to see results. You can use Google AdWords or Facebook Ads to advertise.
For a small business, spending as little as $10 per day on Google AdWords or Facebook Ads can increase awareness about your services or products without breaking the bank. The upside of this type of advertising is that it’s more targeted than traditional methods like print advertisements for newspapers or billboards. For example, if you wanted to reach people who make over $100,000 a year and live in North Carolina, you would be able to do so using online ads.
You’ll also need to make sure your website is optimized so it ranks high on search engines like Google and Yahoo!. But don’t worry – there are plenty of resources out there that can help you optimize your site for search engine rankings.
Do Video Marketing
Video marketing is a great way to connect with customers on a more personal level. Videos are more shareable and can be used for content marketing purposes. If you’re not doing video marketing yet, here’s how:
1. Have a clear message: The first step of creating an effective video is developing a clear message that resonates with your target audience.
2. Make sure your content is engaging: Your videos should resonate with viewers and engage them from the start. You want to keep them watching so they don’t tune out after 30 seconds or less.
3. Keep it short: People’s attention spans are getting shorter, so keep your video under 2 minutes in length – or even less if possible!
4. Find the right platform for your business: If you have 2 minutes, you might as well use that time wisely by choosing the right platform for your business where you know people will see it. For example, uploading your video to YouTube or Facebook will give you greater visibility than posting on Instagram or Twitter only.
5. Use keywords or hashtags in the title of your video: When people search for things online, they often search using keywords like “makeup tips” or “Kylie Jenner.” Use these terms in the title of your YouTube videos and other social media posts to increase the chances of it being found by people who are searching for those topics.
6. Create quality video content: Quality of video matters. You can use a variety of tools to help you create quality videos, such as a green screen or tripod. But if you’re really looking to make an impact, invest in professional filming equipment or hire someone to film for you.
Use Video for Social Media Marketing
If you’re looking for an opportunity to stand out, video marketing is a great way to do it. Videos are one of the most popular things people share on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
This popularity means that videos are a fantastic way to market your business and reach more potential customers. They have the power to capture people’s attention in a way that static images or text cannot, which means you can tell your story in a personal way.
Video marketing can help increase brand awareness and generate leads for your business all while keeping costs low when compared to other forms of advertising.
Don’t Forget About Email Marketing
Email marketing can be an effective way to reach prospects and keep them engaged with your brand. It also costs much less than many other digital marketing techniques, like social media advertising or online ads.
Infographics are visual representations of data that help people better understand the information they contain. Infographics are commonly shared on social media sites like Facebook and Instagram, so it’s a great way to reach your audience and get them interested in whatever it is that you do!